St. James Church

3 mi. E of Bristol on MD 2
Bristol, Maryland

Historic Document

St. James Church is located in Anne Arundel County, Maryland certified as a historic location on Sunday May 07, 1972. This location is a protected historic place because of historical significance relating to Religion, more specifically a Religious Structure. St. James Church was nominated by as a historic location by State Government based on Architecture/Engineering, Person and its significance in Architecture, Religion.

St. James Church Information

Other Name: Old Herring Creek;St. James, Lothian
Ownership Type: Private
Type of Resource: Building
Historically Significant Names Associated With This Location: Weems,Mason Locke
Historically Significant Years Associated With This Location: 1763
Level of Governmental Significance: State
Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
Restricted Archeological Site: Not Listed as a Restricted Site

St. James Church Size Data

Acres occupied by this site: 640
Number of historically contributing buildings: 1
Number of historically contributing sites: 1
Number of historically contributing structures: 0
Number of historically contributing objects: 0
Number of noncontributing buildings: 1
Number of noncontributing sites: 0
Number of noncontributing structures: 0
Number of noncontributing objects: 0
Related Sections:
Bristol Historic Locations Anne Arundel County Historic Locations Maryland Historic Locations