North Carolina School for the Deaf: Main Building

U.S. 64 and Fleming Dr.
Morganton, North Carolina

Historic Document

North Carolina School for the Deaf: Main Building is located in Burke County, North Carolina certified as a historic location on Sunday December 12, 1976. This location is a protected historic place because of historical significance relating to Education, more specifically a School. North Carolina School for the Deaf: Main Building was nominated by as a historic location by State Government based on Event, Architecture/Engineering and its significance in Education, Architecture, Social History.

North Carolina School for the Deaf: Main Building Information

Other Name: Morganton MRA (AD)
Ownership Type: State
Type of Resource: Building
Historically Significant Years Associated With This Location: 1892, 1894
Level of Governmental Significance: State
Architect, builder, or engineer: Bauer,Adolphus Gustavus
Restricted Archeological Site: Not Listed as a Restricted Site

North Carolina School for the Deaf: Main Building Size Data

Acres occupied by this site: 40
Number of historically contributing buildings: 1
Number of historically contributing sites: 0
Number of historically contributing structures: 0
Number of historically contributing objects: 0
Number of noncontributing buildings: 1
Number of noncontributing sites: 0
Number of noncontributing structures: 0
Number of noncontributing objects: 0
Related Sections:
Morganton Historic Locations Burke County Historic Locations North Carolina Historic Locations