South Dakota School for the Deaf

1800 E. 10th St.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Historic Document

South Dakota School for the Deaf is located in Minnehaha County, South Dakota certified as a historic location on Sunday June 14, 1981. This location is a protected historic place because of historical significance relating to Education, more specifically a School, Educational Related Housing. South Dakota School for the Deaf was nominated by as a historic location by State Government based on Event, Architecture/Engineering and its significance in Education, Architecture, Social History.

South Dakota School for the Deaf Information

Ownership Type: State
Type of Resource: Building
Historically Significant Years Associated With This Location: 1883, 1884, 1929
Level of Governmental Significance: State
Architect, builder, or engineer: Dow,Wallace L.; Chapman,John
Architectural Style: collegiate Tudor
Restricted Archeological Site: Not Listed as a Restricted Site

South Dakota School for the Deaf Size Data

Acres occupied by this site: 45
Number of historically contributing buildings: 7
Number of historically contributing sites: 0
Number of historically contributing structures: 0
Number of historically contributing objects: 0
Number of noncontributing buildings: 6
Number of noncontributing sites: 0
Number of noncontributing structures: 0
Number of noncontributing objects: 0
Related Sections:
Sioux Falls Historic Locations Minnehaha County Historic Locations South Dakota Historic Locations